Thursday, November 21, 2013

Food Festival in Greeley Park -Near Macy's

There. is a food festival under some tents across from Manhattan Mall and Macys.  It's the Broadway Bites Festival.  It has something for everyone. It is scheduled to
end on November 24th, but it may be extended.  It reminds me of the Smorgasbord event in Williamsburg during the warmer months where a lot of local food vendors get together to give people a taste of what they do.




I started with the ragu rice balls from Arancini  Brothers.  The ragu is a meat sauce with mozzarella cheese and peas stuffed into a rice ball.  There are many other flavors.  Checkout the pictures above.



I went to a slider vendor.  I had a chicken and waffle slider which had a cheese waffle and pear bourbon sauce.  I had a Korean bulgogi cheesesteak slider, too.  One of my sliders was a burger with chorizo in it.

I tried some pizza that seemed to have dough as soft and delightful as Indian naan bread.  I had hot chocolate from a chocolate purveyor. There were Asian hotdogs at Asia Dog and they also served Korean soju cocktails.




All this food made me thirsty!




I had a very delicious orange ginger drink that was also great for digestion from a tent called Chutney.  It had tumeric, lemon, and sugar.  Fantastic!

There were a lot of people who were really hungry after shopping.  I spoke to many people that were very happy about what they ate.  There are too many vendors to tell you about everything. So, you will have to see it for yourself.  Oh yeah, there are various alcohol choices, not just the Korean soju.



Go try it before the festival leaves!






No comments:

Post a Comment