Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Faves! 5 - VIA coffee from Starbucks



I know you're thinking, "Why are you talking about Starbucks? They don't need any advertisement!"  I know, but I think there is a product they have that has "saved" me in the past.  It's called VIA and it's their instant coffee.

It comes in a box of 3 - 12 long packets.  You can easily put them in your purse or pocket.  They have many selections of flavors and strength of caffeine.  There is the iced version which has sugar already mixed in it and the version that is for hot water without sugar, but it can be used in cold water or milk.   I like to put it in milk because it seems to distribute the caffeine to my system for a longer and more balanced amount of time.

It's great for recipes, too.  It's ready to add to anything, especially where chocolate is applied.  As you may already know, coffee gives chocolate a stronger taste.  A simple way to prove this is by adding some of the VIA to a Starbucks hot chocolate.  It will instantly amp up the flavor!

Why did I call it a "life saver"?  Well, there were times when I would have to get up early or work late and I really needed something to perk me up.  I get the really strong coffee, Veranda Blend, which is a light roast, so it has more caffeine.  I also liked the Italian Roast.

Once, I gave it to a speaker at a conference I attended.  She stopped the meeting for a break because her energy was lagging.  I gave her my Italian Roast VIA and she perked up right away.  She liked it so much that she announced to the whole conference how thankful and refreshed she was after I gave her the coffee.  Other people approached me after the conference to ask me the specifics about the product.

So, if you are into caffeine or just need it once and awhile for a specific pick-me-up, then try the VIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment