Monday, December 23, 2013

GUADALUPE'S SPANISH RESTAURANT

GUADALUPE'S restaurant is a mixture of Mexican and Dominican food.

Address: 597 West 207th Street





  The food is good, but the biggest star is the selection of cocktails.

There is a happy hour each weekday from 4 to 7 pm.  It has a selection of mojitos, sangrias, margaritas, and other mixed drinks and beers.  I always order the mango sangia.  I don't know any other place that serves it.



I really like the appetizers. My favorite is the Guadalupe Camerones.  It is fried shrimp and jicama wrapped in a soft tortilla.  I add Mexican rice that is served in pyramids.




I also enjoy the guacamole. Creamy avocado goodness!



I tried the tacos with strips of beef.  The meat was flavored well, but it was cooked unevenly.  Some parts were nice and moist and other parts were overcooked.



There are many entrees as well to choose from, as per the menu pictures below.





They have multiple steak, chicken, and shrimp dishes.  There are many vegetables and salads to choose from as well.

Overall, I enjoyed my visit.  It can get very crowded sometimes, especially on Thursday and Friday.  I was lucky because it was 2 days before Christmas, so many people were out shopping instead of drinking.  By 7pm, it became crowded again.  

Try this restaurant.  There's a lot to like.






No comments:

Post a Comment