Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A.O.C. Restaurant'sTagliatelle Carbonara



This picture is of my actual plate!



Address: 314 Bleecker Street, New York City

I love Carbonara sauce: cheese, eggs, cream, and pancetta or bacon. It's decadent and soothing. It's comforting. So, I am very particular where I get it. I have gone to different restaurants all over the city and only a few have gotten my attention. One of those places is A.O.C. in the West Village.



Located on the corner of Grove and Bleeker (you can take the 1 Train to Christopher Street) is nestled a cute little cafe called A.O.C. It is considered a French restaurant overall, but it has a wonderful taste of the Italian. The Carbonara sauce is mixed with a thick and filling tagliatelle noodle. It's wide and thick enough to stand-up to the Carbonara. They give you a lot, including the pancetta, which is usally scarce in many of the restaurants I have seen. The other restaurants usually give you a smattering of meat, but this restaurant piled it on. In fact, I had so much goodness on my plate that I had to take much of it home.




It was so rich and creamy, sensual, that I had to rest between bites. It's priced reasonably, but I would not say this restaurant is cheap. The average entree is between $16-20. There is also a garden in the back.



I used to frequent this place about once a week, but I had to resist because it was definitely too much of a good thing. But you should be the judge!




From what I was told, if you join them on Facebook, they have a little deal in which they will give you a free drink when you join them for dinner.

See Facebook for details.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment