Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Faves! - My Favorite Preserves for My Best Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich!



I am starting a new segment called - "My Faves!" - I will be sharing my favorite food products.  So, let's get started!

I love peanut butter and jelly+ sandwiches+ or should I say preserves! 

The best preserves+ that I have ever had would be the preserves from Bonne Maman+.  The flavor is the Four Fruits+ preserves.  It is a mixture of obviously four fruits: cherries, strawberries, red currants, and raspberries.  The taste is scrumptious.  The berries are mixed together so that it's not a taste of one berry with other components, but it is a seamless, sweet, rapturous flavor of its own. 

Now, let's make the peanut butter+ and "jelly" sandwich.  Take 2 pieces of your favorite bread.  I personally love the multi-grain bread because it's heartier and better for you.  Then take the pieces of bread and toast them until they are golden brown and crunchy.  Put on as many tablespoons of peanut butter as you like while the bread is still very warm.  The peanut butter melts and oozes when you get it on the bread soon after you have taken it out.  Then on the other slice, put on as many tablespoons of preserves+ as you like, preferably an even amount to the peanut butter or of course, to taste.  Put the two pieces together.  Be sure to put the two spreads on quickly after you take out the bread, again peanut butter first, so that the peanut butter risks gushing out of the sandwich with all its melted goodness.  You will mop up the excess spillage with the remaining bread!  Yummy, yummy in my tummy!

You and your kids will love this sandwich equally!

No comments:

Post a Comment