Monday, August 12, 2013

My Faves! 2 - Better Than Bouillon



I love making beef stroganoff.  I went shopping for the ingredients with my friend.  When I make the stroganoff, I use the drippings from my delicious meatballs, but I like to add a little more beef power.  So, sometimes I use a bouillon powder.  My friend stopped me and told me to try something called, "Better Than Bouillon". 

I had never seen this product.  I wasn't sure if this would give me the punch I needed, but she absolutely swore by it.  I used it for my sauce.  I didn't need that much because it is a very concentrated, thick liquid beef product.  I needed about 1.5 tablespoons for a dish that served 6 people. It's so easy to use. It melded effortlessly with my sauce, no lumps or pockets of unmixed seasoning to deal with.  My guests were quite happy with the results!

Use it sparingly because it is salty.  They have other flavors, like chicken, vegetable base, mushroom, and vegetarian.  You could definitely use it as a soup base, too.  Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment