Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Faves! 4 - Magnolia Bakery's German Chocolate Cake



I love Magnolia's Bakery!  It was made famous because of the show, "Sex and the City", but we New Yorkers knew it well before then.  It's one place that has well deserved hype.  Every time I go there, I have many choices to make.  There are the cupcakes: chocolate, vanilla, chocolate ganache filled with vanilla or chocolate cream, s'mores, etc.

I love the banana pudding, which is one of the signature desserts.  It's like eating banana whipped cream with bits of softened vanilla wafers.  Sometimes, I add berries to it, so that it will be even more decadent.

But my favorite dessert is the German Chocolate Cake!!  It has brown pieces of moist cake layered with the most delicious German Chocolate Cake frosting.  Chunky bits of coconut and walnuts fill your mouth.  The sweet, creamy frosting base is sweet, but not overwhelmingly so.  Everything is paired nicely, so that the cake and the frosting work together in harmony, balancing each other. 

I like to pair it with coffee or a nice espresso, as pictured above.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment