Monday, May 6, 2013

Ricky Martin and Scotch Eggs



Ricky+ Martin+ was in Evita+ last summer!  I love Ricky Martin and I was on a special he did for VH1+ a few years back.  The producer of the show saw me out in New York City and asked if I wanted to be on the show as a featured person.  I agreed, especially since my friend who was with me was totally in love with him.  So, we went and we were on camera.  I had to ask him a thought provoking question on the intimate set which was made to look like a cafe.  We received free CD's and we spoke with him after the show.  I gave him my #1 CD (it was the #1 downloaded CD in the biggest downloadable market at the time.)  He sweetly said, "Thank you!"  Now years later, I waited after Evita to speak with him. The handlers told him about me and he came to me first.  I reminded him of how we met and he gave me a kiss.  He was kind and humble acting as usual.  He's a nice guy.




In any case, there was a restaurant around the corner that had something I had always been interested in tasting:  Scotch+ Eggs+.  They are eggs that have been wrapped in sausage and then some sort of bread crumb crust, then deep fried.  I had to try them.  I went to a restaurant+ called St. Andrews.  You have to ask around to find Scotch eggs.  There were some restaurants cited as having them, but when I called they didn't. 

One of the restaurants they steered me to was St. Andrews+.  I went into the establishment.  It was very unassuming.  The clientele was a mix of artsy and business types.  I sat in the back, just to observe.  I told the waitress what I was looking for.  I asked her if the eggs were filling.  She said it was a nice portion.  When it came, the eggs were sliced open on a bed of salad.  I was going to order something else, but after seeing the eggs, I figured it would be enough for a late night snack.  I bit into them.  The outside was crunchy, as expected.  It had a hint of the sausage, but the egg taste was stronger.  It was an interesting take on breakfast, even though for me, it was a snack.  I enjoyed it on top of the salad.  It was a perfect filler for a nightly craving.  St. Andrews Restaurant is found on 140 W. 46th Street.  Their phone number is 212-840-8413.




Ricky+ Martin+
Ricky Martin+
St. Andrews Restaurant+
Scotch Eggs+
breakfast+
snack+
sausage+

No comments:

Post a Comment