Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Last Night's Mindy Project - What?! and Yup! and Aux Epices!!!

You guys really loved my last "Mindy Project" post.  I got so many hits!  So, here is another post about last night's episode.  I am still waiting for the response from Ed Week's PR people about an interview.  His agent ok'ed my request to go to the PR people, so I need them to tell me if it's a "GO".

Last night's Mindy Project was really bizarre!  Mindy was upset that her preacher boyfriend was leaving to help out in Haiti.  She didn't feel she could put her life on hold.  So, she was persuaded by a medical student that she was mentoring to go to a frat party.  Obviously, Mindy is way too old for that.  Inexplicably, her co-doctors, Jeremy and Danny, drag Morgan to this same dumb party in order to try to win him back from the midwives.  Hijinks ensue!  Mindy's boyfriend gets beaten up, Mindy rails against stripper poles, and Morgan comes back to work with Mindy's crew.

It was a funny and unexpected episode.  Although you know, nothing that has a frat party will end up well or normal.

What I like the most about the episode was that it was a wake-up call to those of us that are Mindy's age or older:  Don't pine for youth.  Remember it fondly, including how many dumb things you did!  As I said before, Mindy (nor any of her associates) should have ever gone to that party where too many, too young people are too drunk.  I don't ever wish to be that young in my mind again.  I have learned so much about life that I cherish so deeply, but it comes with the wisdom of the years.  I'm not sure if Ms. Kaling was trying to teach this lesson, but it works for me.  Of course remember, there's nothing wrong with being young at heart, which deals with being positive and proactive about life! :-)

Now, what did I have for dinner?  I had Malaysian food from a restaurant called Aux Epices on Baxter Street in Chinatown, New York City.  I had an appetizer of fish dumplings with seaweed.  It was unique and tasty.  The fish didn't overpower the dumplings, which I liked.  The main part of the meal was called Shitake Mushroom with Chicken.  There were udon noodles and plentiful morsels of shitake and chicken.  There were strips of carrots and greens.  It wasn't a full-on noodle soup.  It was laid in a savory, brown (beefy?) broth to which I added spicy pepper sauce and a sweet, soy type sauce that is usually used for the dumplings.  I am a sauce queen so I love the sweet and savory dynamic.  I really loved it, but I wanted more!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment