Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spunto is Magnifico!

I know that New York is the capital of pizza, but all pizza is not created equal. Some people love huge, thick crusts.  I do not.  I feel the toppings get lost in all of the bread.  So, I was so thankful when I discovered a wonderful pizza place in the village called Spunto.  I first went there a year ago and I am a frequent customer. 

Spunto makes thin, gourmet quality pizza.  At first, I was skeptical because the pizza was so thin.  I thought to myself, "This is not going to be filling!" But it was!  The ingredients are top notch and rich.  I always get the meat lovers pizza with pepperoni and sausage.  It is scrumptious!  I get a caesar salad which has the creamiest, most satisfyingly fantastical taste.  I even put some of the dressing on my pizza.  (I am a sauce queen!)  I see many people ordering the mushroom pizza, too.  There are many non-vegetarian and vegetarian selections, so there is something for everyone.

The thin crust allows you to really taste and revel in the toppings.  It's so simple and so wonderous, you'll wonder why you ever ate any other pizza. Spunto is located at 65 Carmine Street, @ 7 th Avenue South.

No comments:

Post a Comment