Thursday, November 29, 2012

MY FAVORITE SANDWICH

This sandwich+ is something I have made at one of my favorite counter-style neighborhood restaurants called G's Coffee Shop on 207th Street and Cooper Avenue.  It's not a fancy place, but a comfort food place.  I told them to make this sandwich and they used to freak-out when I added my toppings.

Take a toasted roll.  Top it with two, over medium eggs.  Then add three slices or more of bacon.  Top that with two or more slices of swiss cheese.  Then top the swiss with 4 slices of avocado. 


I top the whole thing with two sauces:  hot sauce and my version of vinagrette.  I mix equal amounts of red wine vinegar and olive oil with a little bit of sugar, so it's tangy and sweet.  When you bite into the sandwich, the over medium eggs ooze with golden goodness.  Then put both sauces on top, hot sauce and then vinagrette. The sauces really make the sandwich POP! Spicy, gooey, tangy,  and sweet! Super Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment