Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vogue Party Treats - Kenneth Cole

On October 4, I had the pleasure to attend a Vogue+ Party at Kenneth Cole's store at Grand Central. It is a very beautiful store, industrially designed.  I like attending these Vogue+ parties for many reasons:  1)  There are many interesting people who attend them, 2) There is a lot of champagne, and 3)  I love to get treat ideas from the many small snacks they serve.  

On this occasion, the snacks I enjoyed were the crabcakes and the grilled cheese sandwiches.  The crabcakes were the tiny, amazing bites of Maryland style crabcakes:  sweet and tangy.  The other delicious treat was the grilled cheese sandwich.  I could not get anyone to tell me exactly what was in them, but I could put in a pretty good guess.  The cheese tasted like a creamy sharp cheddar and it was paired with a smooth, melt in your mouth ham (did I detect a bit of dijon mustard?).  The (white) bread was perfectly crisped with buttery undertones. Crunch, crunch! Yum!  People were waiting with baited breath to get a taste of those sandwiches.  There was always a rush when a new tray arrived.  All of the dishes worked well with the champagne!  (Seriously, what doesn't? :-))

The affair included a photo booth for people to take pictures of themselves.  I took advantage and had several made.  Then the application allowed you to send it to your email.  At the end of the night, everyone was given a Kenneth Cole (recycled material?) tote with a Vogue magazine inside.  It was a pretty great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment