Saturday, December 31, 2016

RALLY OF CHARISMA AND JESSE JACKSON - USE YOUR CHARISMA FOR GOOD!



When I was young, I was fortunate enough to see Jesse Jackson give a charismatic rally at my school.  My school was in a predominantly white and affluent neighborhood.  We were all packed into the huge gymnasium and then onto one of the multiple bleachers. This occurred at a time when people thought Jesse would become the first black president. Jesse was able to make everybody "go to church" , vibing Southern black Baptists, with many people saying "Preach!" or "Yes, Jesse!" each time he said, "Up with Hope, Down with Dope!"  He called people down to repent or renounce drugs and alcohol.  People walked down to meet him on or near the stage, crying and hoping to receive forgiveness.

It may seem a bit over-the-top now, but it still remains as one of the most powerful memories of my childhood: people of different ethnicities and cliques, coming together because of a noble ideology.   They bought into the message and it may have changed lives.  I know it reinforced my resolve not to be an underage drinker and I have definitely stayed away from drugs.

I have reached out to another powerful man to do a rally at a school that I deal with now.  I want him to use his charisma for good.  I reached out to him directly and to the people around him, hoping he would see my detailed ideas as plausible and wonderful!  If he could get our students to focus on the world of technology and desire to become creators, instead of spectators, then it would be worth it!

If you have a gift of charismatic word in the name of positivity, please use it to help others. If you can reach one person, it's worth it!

If you think you can change someone's life for the better then....TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment