Monday, August 15, 2016

Ramen in Upper Manhattan Washington Heights -Tampopo!



I was looking for a delicious ramen place. I wondered why all the places were in 125th Street and below, but none for Upper Manhattan.  Many people I know in Upper Manhattan love fine ramen dishes, but it was a pain to always have to travel out of their neighborhood.  



Then one day I saw this guy on the train with a noodle restaurant shirt.  I asked if they served ramen and he said, "Definitely!"



So he told me his restaurant was called Tampopo Ramen on Bennett Avenue.  My friend and I went right away. It was a small establishment filled with big, flavorful food.  We both had ramen.  Her ramen is pictured at the top and it was vegetarian.  My dish had chicken.  Both dishes were fantastic!  Deep unctuous authentic broth, garlic, mushrooms, boiled egg, and a sumptuous bed of ramen filled our bowls and delighted our taste buds. 

If your mouth is watering, then...TRY IT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment