Friday, January 15, 2016

ALAN RICKMAN - MY HEART IS BROKEN!



I had the pleasure on many occasions to meet Alan Rickman.  He was always kind, but he still liked to play his persona of nonchalant apathy.  We had an inside joke:  Every time I met him, I would remind him that because of him, I saw the movie "Die Hard" over 18 times.  His stock response on cue:  "Oh, that is too much!" With his iconic snarl.  Everyone around us would laugh.  He played the character Hans Gruber. As per the legend, he was the one who made Hans into a sexy, sneaky, suit-wearing terrorist/master thief.  We pitched him about a project in which he would play the Devil.  When I asked him personally, he said that he didn't know if he wanted to play someone so evil (This coming from Snape!)  Well, now we'll never know.

My heart is broken.

Sleep well, Mr. Rickman.

No comments:

Post a Comment