Friday, February 7, 2014

GRATUITOUS BLURB - VU BAR





A PLACE TO CHILL!

I was feeling adventurous and had heard about this bar for a year and a half.  I was in Korea Town where this bar is located, but I really wanted a soju cocktail bar, but they were all super crowded.  So, I went to VU Bar which is not as upscale as I thought it would be.  But that's not a bad thing.  IT'S LOCATED AT 17 W. 32ND STREET.  It's at the top of this hotel, which again, I thought might be upscale, but it's a normal, moderate place as per the customers I spoke to.  They said the rooms run like $130 a night and are neatly arranged.

Anyway, back to the bar.  It has a daily special from 5-7 at the bar.  I went after these hours.  I had a Jim Beam Maple hot cider.  It was good and hit the spot for dessert.  The maple taste was quite intriguing to my palate.

There are nightly specials, most are about $10. They consist of a Manhattan, Cosmopolitan, and a Pickleback.  They have a stocked bar and a nice assortment of beer.  It's sort of a dive bar in a more elegant setting because it's on the 14th floor.  It had an interesting assortment of people from all ages to all walks of life.  Everyone seemed like a regular.  It was comfortable, but there was a little bit of pretension in the air because the drinks were not dive bar prices.  I guess the location made me expect a middle aged, affluent clientele, which was present, but it was not the whole story.




 It had a nice outside rooftop sitting area, which I am sure will be great in the spring through fall, although people were outside now with the snow!

Well, if your curiosity is peaked, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment