Monday, July 15, 2013

Cory Monteith - Goodnight - You brought light to Glee


I watched the first two seasons of Glee pretty regularly.  I still watched it when I had time to actually sit down. So, I was so shocked and sad when I heard he passed.  I didn't know him, but I felt such a loss.  I thought about this terrible news for a day and many thoughts ran through my head and heart:

He had gotten his life together from being involved in drugs and became such a professional success.  His characterization of Finn Hudson brought a warmth and light to Glee.  His character was flawed, but his heart was always in the right place.  Seeing him with Lea Michele, it seemed as though his life was genuinely happy and settled.  When someone triumphs over adversity, you wish them a positive and healthy future.  He had that, but for only a brief moment.  At the age of 31, your life should be flourishing, not ending.  My sympathy goes out to his family, friends, and his fans.  Goodnight, Cori.

No comments:

Post a Comment