Monday, December 24, 2012

Apple Pie Cider

I am not a beer drinker.  But many, many, many years ago, when I was in London, England, I was introduced to something that I could enjoy in a pub, hard apple cider. I have tried many hard ciders since that time.  It is harder to find cider in America, even here in New York City.  Well, the other day at a restaurant named Elizabeth's on the Upper West Side, I found a magical cider. It is Mckenzie's Hard Cider Hard Pressed Seasonal Reserve.  It tastes like apple pie!  I couldn't believe it!  As soon as I took a sip, I tasted sweet apples, cinnamon, and some other seasonal spices.  Now, I don't know what they put in it, but that's what it tasted like to me. I didn't want any dessert after drinking it. I would love to try it again.  I guess I (and you) better hurry if it's seasonal. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment