Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Introduction



This blog is for anyone who loves gourmet food. You don't have to be a culinary expert, just someone who enjoys food that is high quality or above the norm. The place that for me opened me up to new and different foods as a young New Yorker was and is Zabars. It is a food lover's dreamland! It is especially wonderful if you love cheese, which I do. So my first entry is a cheese called a French Port Salut. I love this cheese. It's creamy like a brie or camembert, but it tastes quite different. It's tangy and smooth. It's more accessible in taste than the aforementioned cheeses and is great on a crostini, as well as a Ritz cracker. It matches nicely with a salami or any similar meat. It's like butter! Obviously, it should be served at room temperature. The softer, the better because your taste buds can really envelope the subtle and scrumptious taste. I like it with on a crostini that's been toasted with olive oil and garlic paste. Try it today!

3 comments:

  1. A crostini is made when bread such as thinly sliced baguette pieces are put into the broiler drizzled with some sort of oil, preferably, olive oil. I like to add garlic paste to the bread with the oil and then broil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori. I will try this cheese.

    ReplyDelete